Don’t let knee or hip joint pain keep you from doing what you love.
Now at St. Charles Bend, Mako robotic-arm surgical technology brings a higher level of precision to joint replacement and gives patients more options as they are considering surgery. By targeting only the part of the knee damaged by osteoarthritis, surgeons using Mako can resurface your knee while sparing the bone and healthy ligaments around it. For total hip replacement, Mako technology uses patient-specific, CT-guided imagery to determine implant size and alignment within a tenth of a millimeter.
Benefits of Mako partial knee replacement
- Faster recovery and shorter hospital stay than traditional knee replacement surgery (in some cases, the surgery is an outpatient procedure)
- Allows the surgeon to remove less bone and more precisely place the implant
- Less implant wear, resulting in a longer implant lifetime
- Minimally invasive surgery with a smaller incision, resulting in less scarring and reduced blood loss
Benefits of Mako total hip replacement
- Precision placement of your hip implant, which can reduce the likelihood of hip dislocation
- More consistency in leg length, potentially decreasing the need for a shoe lift
- Improved lifetime of the implant due to reduced risk of the implant and bone abnormally rubbing together
All surgeries involve risk of complications. Before you decide on surgery, discuss treatment options with your doctor.