Total Hip and Knee Replacement Classes
To register for an upcoming class, please call 541-706-4922. Please provide the name of your surgeon upon registering.
Classes are held from 2 to 3:15 p.m. (check in at 1:30 p.m.) in the Ponderosa Room at St. Charles Redmond on the following dates:
- Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2019
- Tuesday, Feb. 19
- Tuesday, March 12
Classes are also offered at St. Charles Prineville in the Ochoco A and B Conference Rooms from 1 to 2:15 p.m. (check in at 12:30 p.m.) on the following dates:
- Wednesday, Jan. 23, 2019
- Wednesday, Feb. 27
Preparing our patients for success
Our free total knee and hip replacement classes help educate patients (or those who may be considering a joint replacement) about what to expect in preparation for joint replacement surgery.
During the class, we will review each step of the joint replacement process. We also encourage a family member or caregiver to attend with you, helping them know what to expect.
Benefits of taking the class
- Increase preparation
- Decrease anxiety and concerns
- Easier transition from hospital to home
Planning at home
- Preparing yourself and your family
- Arranging and organizing your home
- Special equipment you may need
Preparing for surgery
- Pre-operative visit
- What to bring with you to the hospital
- Pre-operative instructions and restrictions
Your hospital stay
- About your surgery
- Anesthesia options
- Equipment in your room
- Discharge instructions and restrictions
- Physical and Occupational therapy
To register for an upcoming class, please call 541-706-4922.
Be prepared to provide the name of your surgeon.
This class is free, however pre-registration is required.