Grand Rounds - Dec. 2, 2022
"Anticoagulation: The New, the Old, the Reversals"
Speaker: Kazuhide Matsushima, MD. Assistant Professor of Clinical Surgery, Division of Acute Care Surgery, LAC+USC Medical
Center Keck School of Medicine of USC.
- Cite the pros and cons of each anticoagulant drug.
- Differentiate between the various anticoagulant drugs.
- Follow the indications for appropriate use of reversal agents.
- Select the proper medication for the patient’s therapeutic needs, taking into consideration any socioeconomic barriers.
- Communicate the importance of following the medication instructions given while navigating any cultural, health literacy, and language barriers.
Accreditation: St. Charles Health System is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. St. Charles Health System designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM.
The period to claim credit for this activity expires one year after its original publication. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Target Audience: Physicians, Nurses, Pharmacists, Allied Health Professionals
Accessibility/Program Questions: St. Charles Health System encourages persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact Continuing Medical Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oher CME or Clerkship questions: also contact Continuing Medical Education at email@example.com.