Grand Rounds - Sep 23, 2022
"Lessons from the Cockpit"
Speaker: Robert Stephenson. Military Pilot.
- Build upon medical professionals' teamwork and crisis management skills by applying 'best practices' utilized in aviation.
- Equip medical professionals to analyze medical mishaps with techniques applied during aviation accident investigations.
- Enable medical professionals to identify hazards, mitigate risk, and prevent mishaps based on lessons learned and existing programs in aviation.
- Draw a direct correlation between medical and aviation professionals concerning human error and teamwork performance.
- Identify areas for improvement in the medical profession for teamwork, risk management, and mishap prevention.
Accreditation: St. Charles Health System is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. St. Charles Health System designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM.
The period to claim credit for this activity expires one year after its original publication. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Target Audience: Physicians, Nurses, Pharmacists, Allied Health Professionals
Accessibility/Program Questions: St. Charles Health System encourages persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact Continuing Medical Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oher CME or Clerkship questions: also contact Continuing Medical Education at email@example.com.