Grand Rounds - June 4, 2021
Speaker: Robin K. Dore, MD. Clinical Professor of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA.
- Examine the epidemiology and pathophysiology of osteoporosis in men and women.
- Identify the contributing factors associated with osteoporosis, assess osteoporotic prevention strategies.
- Review t-score diagnosis and current screening options for osteoporosis.
- Evaluate non-pharmacologic and current pharmacologic therapies recommended for best outcomes.
- Differentiate between osteopenia and osteoporosis.
- Identify populations (age, gender, and ethnicity) at higher risk for osteoporosis.
Accreditation: St. Charles Health System is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. St. Charles Health System designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM.
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Target Audience: Physicians, Nurses, Pharmacists, Allied Health Professionals
Accessibility/Program Questions: St. Charles Health System encourages persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact Lisa Nasr, CME Coordinator at 541-706-4767, firstname.lastname@example.org. For CME or Clerkship questions, contact Sheila Jordan, MMGT, CHCP, Manager of Continuing Medical Education at 541-706-6780, email@example.com.