Grand Rounds - Mar. 5, 2021
Speaker: Jennifer Blechman, MD. Hospice & Palliative Care Specialist, Partners In Care
- Understand the role and value of palliative care in serious illness management
- Distinguish between palliative care and hospice
- Explain the importance of advance care planningand discuss approaches to help patients, particularlyduring a pandemic
- Review options for treatments at end of life includinghospice, withdrawal of life-sustaining therapies, palliative sedation, and medical aid in dying
- Identify how patients without decision-makingcapacity can communicate their wishes
Accreditation: St. Charles Health System is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. St. Charles Health System designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM.
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Target Audience: Physicians, Nurses, Pharmacists, Allied Health Professionals
Accessibility/Program Questions: St. Charles Health System encourages persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact Lisa Nasr, CME Coordinator at 541-706-4767, firstname.lastname@example.org. For CME or Clerkship questions, contact Sheila Jordan, MMGT, CHCP, Manager of Continuing Medical Education at 541-706-6780, email@example.com.