Grand Rounds - Nov. 18, 2022
"Quality Pain Care in Older Adults"
Speaker: Michael Bottros, MD. Clinical Operations & Medical Director of Pain Services, Associate Professor, Division of Pain Management, Department of Anesthesiology, Keck School of Medicine of USC.
- Describe the impact of pain in older adults.
- Identify the barriers to pain assessment and management in older adults.
- Briefly describe the multifaceted nature of suffering when performing a comprehensive pain assessment.
- List both non-pharmacologic & pharmacologic treatment options.
- Develop a multimodal pain treatment plan for patients with complex pain.
Accreditation: St. Charles Health System is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. St. Charles Health System designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM.
The period to claim credit for this activity expires one year after its original publication. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Target Audience: Physicians, Nurses, Pharmacists, Allied Health Professionals
Accessibility/Program Questions: St. Charles Health System encourages persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact Continuing Medical Education at email@example.com.
Oher CME or Clerkship questions: also contact Continuing Medical Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.