Grand Rounds - May 13, 2022
"Updates in Outpatient Diabetes Management: Standard Medications, Insulin, and New Therapies"
Speaker: Marilyn Tan, MD, FACE. Chief, Stanford Healthcare Endocrine Clinic; Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Stanford University School of Medicine
- Identify the importance of early diagnosis and treatment of diabetes.
- Discuss the updated guidelines and protocols for treating a patient with diabetes.
- Describe the new medications and their mechanism of action (MOA).
- Appropriately prescribe new medications when using combination therapy.
- Compare the safety and efficacy of diabetes therapies in patients with Type 2 Diabetes.
- Identify patients at higher risk of diabetes based on age, gender, ethnicity, and/or family history.
Accreditation: St. Charles Health System is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. St. Charles Health System designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM.
The period to claim credit for this activity expires one year after its original publication. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Target Audience: Physicians, Nurses, Pharmacists, Allied Health Professionals
Accessibility/Program Questions: St. Charles Health System encourages persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact Continuing Medical Education at email@example.com.
Oher CME or Clerkship questions: also contact Continuing Medical Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.