The first hospital in Bend officially opened in 1918 on the banks of Oregon’s Deschutes River. It was built by five Sisters of St. Joseph and their mission was to care for everyone, no matter what. The current location of the Bend hospital opened in 1975. It became a community, nonprofit organization in the 1970s and maintained an affiliation with the Catholic Church until February 2010. The spirit of compassionate caring first fostered by the Sisters of St. Joseph is alive and well at St. Charles Bend today.
All Hospital Services