Medicare Annual Wellness Visit
An annual wellness visit provides quality individualized care to our Medicare Part B patients.
What can I expect from an annual wellness visit?
- Detailed medication review
- Discussion of detailed personal health history and family health history
- Weight and blood pressure measurements
- Screening for any cognitive impairments
- Depression screening
- Diet and exercise discussion and education
- Fall risk screening
- Opportunity for you to make sure your medical record is accurate and up-to-date
How can the annual wellness visit benefit you?
- Development of personal screening schedule for appropriate preventive services
- Personalized health recommendations and referrals to health education and preventive counseling services aimed at reducing identified risk factors and promoting wellness
- Review of your functional ability to perform normal daily activities and level of safety
- Advanced care planning assistance with Advanced Directive or POLST form
Who qualifies for annual wellness visits?
Medicare Part B covers these visits if:
- You have been enrolled in Medicare Part B for over 12 months
- Traditional Medicare patients are eligible for one wellness visit every year, 366 days after their previous visit
- Medicare Advantage patients are eligible for this visit once every calendar year
Is the annual wellness visit a physical exam?
This visit is not a head-to-toe exam and there are no diagnostic procedures performed. It is a yearly appointment with your primary care team to create or update a personalized prevention plan.
How do I schedule an annual wellness visit?
- Call your primary care provider’s office to schedule this visit with your care team
- Bring all your medications, including supplements and vitamins, or bring a detailed list of what you are taking
- Bring a list of all care providers, including doctors, specialists, dentists, optometrists and medical equipment suppliers
Where can I get more information about Medicare’s annual wellness visit?