St. Charles awards Central Oregon nonprofits more than $80K in safety net grants
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 30, 2019
BEND, Ore. – St. Charles Health System is pleased to announce it is providing $82,500 in safety net grants to nonprofit organizations throughout Central Oregon.
Schools, food pantries, homeless shelters and health and wellness programs for underserved children are among the 13 nonprofits in the region that are helping meet the critical needs of individuals and families, providing services that prevent or end homelessness and break the cycle of poverty.
Some of the largest safety net grants were awarded to:
- Mountain Star Relief Nursery, which received $10,000 for its well-child initiative;
- Family Access Network (FAN), which received $10,000 for FAN advocate services;
- Bethlehem Inn, which received $10,000 for its Restoring Hope project;
- Kemple Memorial Children’s Dental Clinic, which received $7,500 to provide a dental clinic and a school-based screen and seal program;
- The Giving Plate, which received $7,500 for its monthly food box program and Kid’s Korner;
- Boys & Girls Club of Bend, which received $7,500 for its Family Plus Wraparound Youth and Family programs
Since its inception, St. Charles Health System has been contributing to programs that benefit the communities it serves. By collaborating with other nonprofits in the area, St. Charles aims to implement and support best-practice and evidence-based initiatives that address community needs and improve the overall health of the region.
“St. Charles is very proud to be able to provide support these organizations, all of which provide a great service,” said Carlos Salcedo, St. Charles’ manager of community partnerships. “The 13 organizations we’re funding this year are truly meeting the needs of our community.”
To learn more about St. Charles’ community benefit program, visit StCharlesHealthCare.org.
About St. Charles Health System
St. Charles Health System, Inc., headquartered in Bend, Ore., owns and operates St. Charles Bend, Madras, Prineville and Redmond. It also owns family care clinics in Bend, Madras, Prineville, Redmond, Sisters and La Pine. St. Charles is a private, not-for-profit Oregon corporation and is the largest employer in Central Oregon with more than 4,200 caregivers. In addition, there are more than 350 active medical staff members and nearly 200 visiting medical staff members who partner with the health system to provide a wide range of care and service to our communities.