Community Benefit Grants
St. Charles Health System's Community Benefit department has completed the Community Health Needs Assessments (CHNA) and accompanying Implementation Plans for each of the communities served by St. Charles. These documents can be found on the Community Health Needs Assessment page.
After assessing the different CHNA priorities by taking into account the severity of the issue, St. Charles' ability to impact the issue, alignment with St. Charles’ mission and vision, along with existing community and internal resources, St. Charles Health System selected Suicide Prevention as the strategic priority for the period of 2017-2019 for communities served by St. Charles. For the next three years St. Charles will provide Suicide Prevention Grant funding opportunities to local organizations that are working on this priority.
In addition to our Suicide Prevention focus, St. Charles will also fund Safety Net Grants. Safety net organizations play a vital role in helping meet our vision of “Creating America’s healthiest community, together”.
Your Life Matters Suicide Prevention Grants
In order to be considered for approval, programs must address St. Charles’ CHNA Priority of Suicide Prevention and must fall into one or more of the categories listed below:
- Community health improvement
- Community Education
- Health professions education
- Subsidized health services
- Community building activities
Safety Net Grants (Closed)
In order to be considered for approval, applications must address one or more of the categories listed below:
- Focus on unmet needs in underserved and vulnerable populations
- Provide clearly defined project description and population served
- Be collaborative, involving partnerships with SCHS and other organizations
- Reduce duplication of efforts
- Demonstrate project innovation, in line with best practices and demonstrate potential impact
- Use quality indicators to measure progress and outcomes, reporting results and sharing them widely to attract more resources
- Plan for self-sufficiency, where appropriate