St. Charles knows that family and friends can be an important part of the healing process, and we encourage people to visit their loved ones in general care here at anytime.
However, we also recognize that a quiet environment is a healing environment. To that end, we suggest:
- Limiting the number of visitors in a patient's room at any given time. You can always check with a nurse or physician about how many visitors is appropriate given the patient's condition.
- Monitoring the noise level of visitors and visiting children. This helps preserve the healing environment for your patient and others.
- Visiting between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m. While St. Charles doesn't have formal visiting hours, we respect our patients' time to sleep, and suggest visiting during the day.
Family Birthing Center
- Immediate family members may visit 24-hours-a-day.
- Children up to and including age 11, must be with an adult.
Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Visitors are restricted to family members and significant others.
- Limited visiting hours depend on each patient's condition.