Grand Rounds - July 31, 2020
"COVID Update" and "Contact Tracing Strategies: Oregon and COVID-19"
Shira C. Shafir, Ph.D., MPH, Director, MPH for Health Professionals Department of Community Health Sciences, Director of Field Internships Department of Epidemiology, UCLA Fielding School of Public Health
Jill Johnson, RN, Deschutes County Health Services Communicable, Disease Programs Supervisor
Video begins at approximately 0:14.
Objectives (COVID-19 update):
- Describe the current state of the COVID-19 Coronavirus outbreak
- Understand what is currently known and unknown from the rapidly evolving literature on SARS-CoV-19
- Explain updated understanding on the pathophysiology of the virus and how it affects multiple body systems
- Describe updates on drug and vaccine testing
Objectives (COVID-19 Contact Tracing Strategies in Oregon):
- Discuss the Public Health role in preventing the spread of COVID-19 through case investigation and contact tracing.
- Understand COVID-19 prevalence in the Central Oregon Region and contributing factors.
- Describe how syndromic surveillance may provide an early indicator of changes in COVID-19 infections
Accreditation: St. Charles Health System is accredited by the Oregon Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. St. Charles Health System designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM.
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Target Audience: Physicians, Nurses, Pharmacists, Allied Health Professionals
Accessibility/Program Questions: St. Charles Health System encourages persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact Continuing Medical Education at 541-706-4680, email@example.com. For CME or Clerkship questions, contact Sheila Jordan, MMGT, CHCP, Manager of Continuing Medical Education at 541-706-6780, firstname.lastname@example.org.