Grand Rounds - Dec. 4, 2020
"Human Trafficking: Hiding in Plain Sight"
- Mellissa Withers, PhD, MHS, Director, APRU Global Health Program; Associate Professor USC, Institute on Inequalities in Global Health (Keck School of Medicine of USC)
- Nita Belles, MTh, Executive Director, In Our Backyard; Regional Director, Oregonians Against Trafficking Humans (OATH)
- Define types of human trafficking
- Explain the role of the healthcare provider in recognizing and responding to trafficking victims and survivor
- Specify how to report cases or suspected cases of human trafficking
- Outline the various types of cultural diversities (gender, age, race, religion, ethnicity, language, sexual orientation, socio-economic, etc.) that may relate human trafficking
Accreditation: St. Charles Health System is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. St. Charles Health System designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM.
Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Target Audience: Physicians, Nurses, Pharmacists, Allied Health Professionals
Accessibility/Program Questions: St. Charles Health System encourages persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact Lisa Nasr, CME Coordinator at 541-706-4767, email@example.com. For CME or Clerkship questions, contact Sheila Jordan, MMGT, CHCP, Manager of Continuing Medical Education at 541-706-6780, firstname.lastname@example.org.