Grand Rounds - Dec. 16, 2022
"Strong Body & Mind: Best Practices for Perioperative Care for Older Surgical Patients"
Speaker: Katie Schenning, MD, MPH, MCR. Associate Professor, Anesthesiology & Perioperative Medicine; Assistant Medical Director, Perioperative Medicine Clinic, Oregon Health & Science University.
- Review the definition and prevalence of frailty and pre-existing cognitive impairment.
- Understand the importance of preoperative frailty and cognitive screening using formal tools.
- Describe the risk factors for postoperative delirium.
- Quantify the costs of frailty/postoperative neurocognitive disorders to a health system.
- Introduce delirium prevention pathways.
- Advocate for a coordinated, interdisciplinary approach to reversing frailty and preventing postoperative delirium in Central Oregon and SCHS.
Accreditation: St. Charles Health System is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. St. Charles Health System designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM.
The period to claim credit for this activity expires one year after its original publication. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Target Audience: Physicians, Nurses, Pharmacists, Allied Health Professionals
Accessibility/Program Questions: St. Charles Health System encourages persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact Continuing Medical Education at email@example.com.
Oher CME or Clerkship questions: also contact Continuing Medical Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.