Therapy Dog Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteering at St. Charles and sharing your beloved dog with others is one of the most rewarding volunteer opportunities available. For new therapy dog handlers, Central Oregon Community College offers Pet Partner Team Training through its Community Learning Program.
To become a St. Charles therapy dog volunteer
- Become a St. Charles volunteer
- Have a current therapy dog registration through Pet Partners, Therapy Dogs International or Alliance of Therapy Dogs
- Complete orientation and supervised visits with an authorized and experienced therapy dog team
- Bathe dogs within 24 hours prior to each visit
- Show that dogs are at least 2 years old and have a current rabies certificate
St. Charles is so lucky to have amazing volunteers like Mary Fister and her dog Chesney, a certified pet therapy dog....
Posted by St. Charles Health System on Wednesday, June 1, 2016