Family birthing centers
St. Charles Health System and the teams at our Family Birthing Centers in Bend and Madras are here to help you begin or grow your family in a soothing and joyful environment. We have made the commitment to help give babies the best possible start in life through promotion and education around breastfeeding and mother-baby bonding. From prenatal classes to your baby’s arrival and beyond, our staff will guide you step-by-step through this important and sensitive time.
You'll find the full range of obstetrical services at our Family Birthing Centers. Our comfortable, newly designed private birthing suites feature Jacuzzi tubs for laboring moms, sleeper beds for family, plenty of natural light as well as many other amenities.
Our professional nursing staff provide all the expertise and support you'll need during labor, delivery and postpartum recovery. Our medical staff include obstetric hospitalists, certified nurse midwives, pediatricians and family physicians — all committed to providing quality health care for you and your baby.
If extra care is needed, St. Charles Bend houses the only Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in the region, so your baby has access to the highest level of care.
Perinatal Nurse Navigation Program
Perinatal nurse navigation is a free service for expectant families which includes:
- A partner in care to help you achieve the highest level of health for your growing family
- Access to an experienced registered nurse who can answer questions about your prenatal, pregnancy and postpartum journey
- Guidance and care coordination, including education about your diagnosis, plan of care and preparation for appointments and procedures
- Connection with available hospital and community resources
- Advocacy and emotional support with pregnancy and postpartum challenges
Call 541-408-7038 to speak to a perinatal navigator.
St. Charles Bend - FBC Tour