St. Charles Health System has partnered with the Vizient/AACN Nurse Residency ProgramTM to support newly licensed registered nurses in their transition into clinical practice. Our 12-month, interactive program provides resources and support to new nurses as they gain confidence and competence in providing high-quality, safe care to our community. Our focus is supporting the unique needs and goals of each nurse and fostering well-being.
St. Charles offers opportunities for newly licensed nurses in multiple locations in Bend, Redmond, Prineville and Madras, in the areas of Medical Specialties, Surgical Specialties, Orthopedics and Neurology, Behavioral Health and Inpatient Rehabilitation.
St. Charles also has career pathways to the specialty areas of Critical Care, Emergency Department, Family Birthing Center and Operating Room through fellowship programs for our experienced RNs.
Our evidence-based program will support your growth in confidence, competence and fulfillment as you:
- Receive support from experienced caregivers, preceptors and mentors
- Increase clinical reasoning skills
- Incorporate quality and safety evidence-based practice
- Focus on optimizing patient outcomes
- Develop an individualized professional development plan
- Strengthen your commitment to nursing
- Become a successful member of the health care team
- Oregon RN license must be active by the Friday before the program’s start date
- Current American Heart Association BLS (health care provider level course)
- Less than one-year of experience as a Registered Nurse
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing within the last 12 months
- Successful completion of St. Charles Health System residency within 6 months of placement
How to apply
To apply for an RN residency position, click the button below, then type "RN Resident" into the search box.
Search RN Residency Positions
You may also reach out to our recruiters:
Cindy Sjostrand at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jenna Sottana at email@example.com
For more information about the Nurse Residency Program, contact: Virginia Downie at firstname.lastname@example.org.