Case Management/Discharge Planning/Social Work
Case management services are available to help you and your family cope with the stress of illness. The case management team will direct you to community resources and assist in planning for your care when you leave the hospital. To request this service, please contact your nurse.
Your experience at St. Charles is important to us. A Patient Experience representative can be reached at (541) 706-6316 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss any questions or concerns you may have.
Spiritual Care Services
We offer spiritual care to patients and families with love, compassion and respect. You can request a chaplain by speaking to your caregiver.
Support Groups and Classes
St. Charles offers special classes and support groups for patients and their families. These classes can aid in recovery or help in the management of an illness or condition. For a current list of available subjects and schedules, please visit stcharleshealthcare.org.
The St. Charles MyChart patient portal allows you to access your medical record or manage care for a family member, request prescription refills, make an appointment online, see test results or pay a bill online. Visit stcharleshealthcare.org/mychart or ask a caregiver for details.
Notary Public services are offered free of charge to patients. Check with Guest Services for availability. St. Charles notaries will only notarize advance directives and health-care related documents, such as requests for birth certificates. Neither wills nor power of attorney documents can be notarized due to liability.
Free Health Information
The St. Charles health information library is available to assist you in learning about your diagnosis or condition. We will assemble a packet of information for you upon request. Additional phone numbers and resources are available upon request, such as pharmacy, behavioral health, home health care, medical equipment, etc.
To ensure accurate and ethical billing practices, we have a hotline for patients, family members and the general public. Call 541-706-2630 if you feel any hospital billing practice may violate state or federal laws. Your concern can relate to any bill or billing practice. For general billing questions or concerns, call our Patient Financial Services Department at 541-706-7750. Financial assistance is available at St. Charles Health System. A list of financial counseling locations, as well as our Financial Assistance Program policy and application form, in English and Spanish, can be found here.
Patient Rights & Responsibilities
Section 504 Notice of Program Accessibility
- St. Charles Health System and its patient care areas, including its hospitals and clinics, are accessible to and usable by disabled persons, including persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, or blind or who have other sensory impairments. Access features include:
- Convenient off-street parking designated specifically for disabled persons
- Curb cuts and ramps between parking areas and buildings
- Level access into first floor with elevator access to all other floors
- Fully accessible offices, meeting rooms, bathrooms, public waiting areas, cafeterias, patient treatment areas, including examining rooms and patient wards
- A full range of assistive and communication aids provided to persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, or blind or with other sensory impairments. There is no additional charge for such aids. Some of these aids include:
- Qualified sign language interpreters for persons who are deaf or hard of hearing
- A 24-hour telecommunication device (TTY/TDD) which can connect the caller to all extensions within the facility and/or portable (TTY/TDD) units, for use by persons who are deaf, hard of hearing or speech impaired
- Readers and taped material for the blind and large print materials for the visually impaired
- Flash cards, alphabet boards and other communication boards
- Assistive devices for persons with impaired manual skills If you require any of the aids listed above, please make your registration or nurse caregiver aware of your needs.
Interpretation services and Telecommunication Devices for the Deaf (TDD) are available for our patients. If you require language assistance, please contact your nurse or caregiver.